This weekend, I went on a singles retreat. It was coed and amazing. I feel an overwhelming sense of peace and joy. I had a great amount of alone time with God. I feel amazingly bonded to my class. I mean, I love them. We have our stuff to work through, but we are walking in life and God’s truth together. We love Jesus intently and intensely. While, we are not perfect, I can say that the other singles in my life are seeking God. In all this amazingness there is one thing that was a bit lackluster.
There was a breakout session. This was an all women’s session lead by a panel of men. The men simply answered women’s questions about what men think. I was blessed enough to have a one-on-one with the leader of the session prior to it beginning. He told me, I had good questions and I should come and ask some more. So, I took some times to sit and think of GOOD questions. I wrote them down and turned them in and none of them were answered. We actually spent most of the session discussing setting boundaries with men. Which is fine, but as a psychologist I am ACTUALLY interested in what men think. So, I find my lack of knowledge completely unsatisfying. So, I am going to write my questions down here and I would love for some God-loving, God-fearing, Christian men (I’m not to exclude other men, but as a Christian woman, I want to work on navigating relationships with Christian men better) to answer these for me. Feel free to comment on this post or write me a message on Facebook. In fact, I will even include my email address if you would prefer that (email@example.com).
- Ephesians 5:22-24 instructs wives to submit to their husbands. What do you assume that means? How do you think women see this instruction? Could you imagine the fear attached to this instruction?
- Ephesians 5: 25-31 instructs men to sacrificially love their wives. What do you assume that means? How do you interpret this instruction? What fears do you have with this?
- Are there any differences (if you have noticed) between a woman who has had a positive or negative relationship with her earthly father? What are they?
- What do men think of women’s emotional baggage? Are men compelled to fix it or leave it? Do you feel like you have emotional baggage to deal with?
- How do women reconcile the feeling of wanting to be desired with also not wanting to lead brothers in Christ astray? How do we lead you astray?
- Do you think there is a difference in how we view God based on our gender?
- Do you consider physical lust to be a gendered sin?
- Is flirting ungodly?
- How can women honor you in friendship, and in what ways can you honor your female friends?
Alright gents. Have at it.